Now you can get the Complete Autodesk Civil 3D Training Bundle with our AutoCAD book.
Save when you buy both of our Civil 3D and AutoCAD 2021 books together.
If you are starting out with Autodesk Civil 3D you need to start with a good foundation in AutoCAD. So we have included our AutoCAD 2021 book in this bundle to do just that.
The Complete Autodesk Civil 3D Training Bundle features 373 exercises organized into 126 lessons in 35 chapters. That’s over 1400 pages of learning! Each lesson includes detailed descriptions of processes and theory with many illustrations and diagrams, to help you understand “why”, not just “how”.
The Practical Guide books have been formatted to maximize learning by starting all lessons with an explanation of the concepts and processes that will be covered; followed by real world examples in step-by-step exercises that you can perform yourself with the included dataset.
Theses large format books are spiral bound to lie perfectly flat on your desk.
These new Autodesk Civil 3D 2021 books focus on effectively using this powerful software, providing you with skills that other professionals are using in the workplace every day.
Instructors: these books are used in classrooms worldwide. Find out more about using them in your next class.
After completing these books, you will be able to:
- Understand the user interface
- Navigate through drawings with pan and zoom commands
- Create drawing objects, including lines, arcs, and circles
- Create and modify polylines, including rectangles and polygons
- Use Layers to control drawing objects
- Draw using Polar Tracking and coordinate methods
- Use Object Snaps and Object Snap Tracking
- Modify drawing objects
- Duplicate drawing objects
- Extract information from drawings with measuring tools
- Create and modify hatch patterns
- Create, insert, and modify blocks
- Work with external references
- Import a PDF
- Create and scale paper space layouts and viewports
- Print scale drawings and check plots
- Annotate drawings with text, dimensions, and leaders
- Navigate the latest workspace ribbons
- Understand and work with Object Styles.
- Create, manage and apply Label Styles.
- Manage Drawing Settings.
- Import and manage Points, and work with Point Groups.
- Create and edit Alignments.
- Define and edit Parcels.
- Create and edit Profiles and Profile Views.
- Create Corridors and extract information from them.
- Sample Sections and plot Section Views.
- Layout Pipe Networks and edit them in plan and profile.
- Create Pressure Pipe Networks and edit them in plan and profile.
- Create Sheets with the Plan Production tools.
- Work with the Grading tools.
- Create reports for Civil 3D objects.
- Calculate Volumes.
- Share project data with Data Shortcuts.
GIS in Civil 3D
- Work with coordinate systems
- Clean drawings with common geometry errors
- Insert rectified raster images
- Work with a variety of attribute data
- Apply object classification to your mapping system
- Import GIS data from a variety of sources
- Create surfaces and pipe networks directly from GIS data
- Export geometry and attribute data to other GIS formats
- Export Civil 3D objects to other GIS formats
- Connect directly to GIS data
- Access Data using the Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS
- Connect to raster surface data
- Attach and query source drawings
- Save changes to attached source drawings
- Extract data for reports and quantity takeoffs
- Create, manage and analyze topologies
- Produce sophisticated map books
Features and Benefits of all Cadapult books:
- Lessons build upon one another using a contiguous dataset, providing consistency through the entire book
- Skills learned through easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures
- Sequential exercises that follow one logical, real-world example project
- Flexible datasets allow you to “skip ahead” to a relevant lesson, or use as an on-demand reference guide
- Detailed explanations and chapter summaries facilitate learning and retention
- Written by instructors with decades of industry and teaching experience
- Tested and refined in classrooms with a broad cross-section of students
Authors: Rick Ellis, Russell Martin and Tracy Chadwick
Foreword written by Lynn Allen
ISBN -A Practical Guide to AutoCAD 2021 – 978-1-934865-52-1
ISBN – A Practical Guide to Autodesk Civil 3D 2021 – 978-1-934865-49-1
ISBN – A Practical Guide to GIS in Autodesk Civil 3D 2021 – 978-1-934865-50-7
Written, printed and published in the United States of America.
Meet the Authors
Rick Ellis, president of Cadapult Software Solutions, Inc, has worked with and taught Autodesk Civil 3D, along with Map 3D and other Autodesk products since the mid-90s. He is the Author of several critically acclaimed books on Autodesk Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D, Land Desktop and Carlson Software; including the Practical Guide series.
Rick continues to use Autodesk Civil 3D on projects in a production environment, in addition to teaching classes to organizations both large and small around the country, helping them get the most out of their design software investment.
This practical background and approach has made him an award winning speaker at Autodesk University, a member of the national speaker team for the AUGI CAD Camps and a sought after instructor by organizations around the world.
Russell Martin is the technical editor of many of Cadapult Software Solutions’ training books, and is the co-author of “A Practical Guide to AutoCAD Map 3D”, “A Practical Guide to GIS in Autodesk Civil 3D” and “Digging into AutoCAD Map 3D ” (plus many earlier editions, suitable for learning Map 3D back to the 2004 release). He has also written many articles and white papers on CAD and GIS software.
Russell has nearly three decades of experience using AutoCAD, and has been a power user since release 11, pushing the envelope in the mid-1990s for mapping and analysis using Autodesk Data Extension (ADE) tools, the precursors to AutoCAD Map.
He has taught AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map 3D to hundreds of users; one-on-one, in small classrooms, as well as at large venues including Autodesk University. He welcomes your connection through LinkedIn.
Tracy Chadwick serves as coordinator and instructor for the Computer Drafting Technology program at Hutchinson Community College in Hutchinson, Kansas. He is responsible for teaching a wide range of courses, including those on engineering graphics, AutoCAD software, Inventor software, and Revit Architecture software.
Tracy has been an AutoCAD user since 1995, and has been teaching AutoCAD classes to working professionals and college students since 2001. His experience and dedication to teaching led to him being recognized by Autodesk, Inc. with the North America Award for Distinguished Performance in AutoCAD Software Training.
Tracy has also been recognized as a top rated speaker at Autodesk University, where he has presented for several years. He has recently begun serving as a mentor to first-time Autodesk University speakers.