An introduction to the most useful features of this powerful, yet often overlooked Autodesk software. The authors are skilled instructors with direct industry and classroom experience.
You will learn the best procedures for over a dozen common tasks, including:
- Repairing Incomplete or Inaccurate Geometry
- Collecting Data from Different Sources
- Attaching Data to AutoCAD Objects
- Automating Annotation of AutoCAD Objects
- Using Better COGO Tools
- Using Multiple Coordinate Systems
- Inserting Rectified Raster Images
- Using Contour Data from GIS Sources
- Learning the Basics of Queries
- Quickly and Easily Mapping your Data
- Exporting to DWF and other Software
This book is suitable for anyone from general AutoCAD users to seasoned professionals in the Civil Engineering, Surveying, Mapping, Land Development or GIS industries.
Features and Benefits of all Cadapult books:
- Lessons build upon one another using a contiguous dataset, providing consistency through the entire book
- Skills learned through easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures
- Sequential exercises that follow one logical, real-world example project
- Flexible datasets allow you to “skip ahead” to a relevant lesson, or use as an on-demand reference guide
- Detailed explanations and chapter summaries facilitate learning and retention
- Written by instructors with decades of industry and teaching experience
- Tested and refined in classrooms with a broad cross-section of students
Perfect for users of stand-alone Map 3D, and since Map 3D is a standard part of both Land Desktop and Civil 3D, this book can also take users of these popular software platforms to a whole new level of productivity.
This book has 304 pages, organized into 14 chapters
Authors: Rick Ellis, Russell Martin
Meet the Authors
Rick specializes in AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Land Desktop, and AutoCAD Raster Design.
He is a member of the Autodesk Developer Network. He is the author of several books including “Digging Into AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010”, “Digging Deeper Into AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008”, “Digging Into Autodesk Land Desktop 2006” and “Digging Into AutoCAD Map 3D 2010”, co-author of “Introducing Autodesk Civil 3D”, a select author for CAD Digest, and an instructor for the AUGI training program.
Russell Martin is the technical editor of many of Cadapult Software Solutions’ training books, and is the co-author of “A Practical Guide to AutoCAD Map 3D”, “A Practical Guide to GIS in AutoCAD Civil 3D” and “Digging into AutoCAD Map 3D ” (plus many earlier editions, suitable for learning Map 3D back to the 2004 release). He has also written many articles and white papers on CAD and GIS software.
Russell has nearly three decades of experience using AutoCAD, and has been a power user since release 11, pushing the envelope in the mid-1990s for mapping and analysis using Autodesk Data Extension (ADE) tools, the precursors to AutoCAD Map.
He has taught AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map 3D to hundreds of users; one-on-one, in small classrooms, as well as at large venues including Autodesk University. He welcomes your connection through LinkedIn.