Welcome to the next generation of training materials for AutoCAD Civil 3D, the Practical Guide.
The Practical Guide books have been formatted to maximize learning by starting all lessons with an explanation of the concepts and processes that will be covered; followed by real world examples in step-by-step exercises that you can perform yourself with the included dataset.
This new, large format book is spiral bound, to lie perfectly flat on your desk.
It features over 130 exercises organized into 34 lessons in 11 chapters. Each lesson includes detailed descriptions of processes and theory with many illustrations and diagrams, to help you understand “why”, not just “how”.
This new AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 book focuses on effectively using this powerful software, providing you with skills that other professionals are using in the workplace every day.
Instructors: this book is used in classrooms worldwide. Find out more about using it in your next class.
After completing this book, you will be able to:
- Navigate the latest workspace ribbons
- Understand and work with Object Styles.
- Create, manage and apply Label Styles.
- Manage Drawing Settings.
- Import and manage Points, and work with Point Groups.
- Create and edit Alignments.
- Define and edit Parcels.
- Create and edit Profiles and Profile Views.
- Create Corridors and extract information from them.
- Sample Sections and plot Section Views.
- Import and leverage GIS Data in your Civil 3D projects.
- Use Queries to manage and share data.
- Layout Pipe Networks and edit them in plan and profile.
- Create Pressure Pipe Networks and edit them in plan and profile.
- Work with the Grading tools.
- Create reports for Civil 3D objects.
- Calculate Volumes.
- Share project data with Data Shortcuts.
Those familiar with our earlier book, Digging Into AutoCAD Civil 3D, will find that great content has been expanded in the Practical Guide to include more topics, plus more detailed explanations, examples, illustrations and theory for each lesson.
Features and Benefits of all Cadapult books:
- Lessons build upon one another using a contiguous dataset, providing consistency through the entire book
- Skills learned through easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures
- Sequential exercises that follow one logical, real-world example project
- Flexible datasets allow you to “skip ahead” to a relevant lesson, or use as an on-demand reference guide
- Detailed explanations and chapter summaries facilitate learning and retention
- Written by instructors with decades of industry and teaching experience
- Tested and refined in classrooms with a broad cross-section of students
This book has 396 pages, organized into 11 chapters, in a large-format, spiral bound volume.
Author: Rick Ellis
Written, printed and published in the United States of America.
Meet the Author
Rick Ellis, president of Cadapult Software Solutions, Inc, has worked with and taught AutoCAD Civil 3D, along with Map 3D and other Autodesk products since the mid-90s. He is the Author of several critically acclaimed books on AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D, Land Desktop and Carlson Software; including the Practical Guide series.
Rick continues to use AutoCAD Civil 3D on projects in a production environment, in addition to teaching classes to organizations both large and small around the country, helping them get the most out of their design software investment.
This practical background and approach has made him a highly rated speaker at Autodesk University, a member of the national speaker team for the AUGI CAD Camps and a sought after instructor by organizations around the world.