Windows 7 is quickly becoming the operating system of choice for many people and Autodesk has continued to test the compatibility of their products with it since our initial post about the compatibility of Civil 3D with Windows 7 shortly after the release of the new operating system. Based on this testing Autodesk has released a new list of products that are supported on Windows 7.
- AutoCAD 2010
- AutoCAD LT 2010
- AutoCAD Architecture 2010
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010
- Autodesk Inventor 2010
- Autodesk Inventor LT 2010
- AutoCAD Electrical 2010
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2010
- AutoCAD MEP 2010
- Autodesk Algor Simulation 2010
- Autodesk Vault 2010 (Client Only)
- Autodesk Vault Workgroup 2010 (Client Only)
- Autodesk Vault Collaboration 2010 (Client Only)
- Autodesk Vault Manufacturing 2010 (Client Only)
- Autodesk Productstream Professional 2010 (Client Only)
You will be happy to note that Civil 3D is now included in this list. For more details you can read the tech doc from Autodesk.
I know of many people that are currently using Civil 3D 2010 on Windows 7 and the reports that I have heard are overwhelmingly positive. So I think it is safe to say at this point that if you are purchasing a new computer, or even if you are not, that you should give Windows 7 serious consideration as your operating system.