Now you can get the Complete Autodesk Civil 3D Training Bundle.
Save when you buy both of our Civil 3D 2022 books together.
The Complete Autodesk Civil 3D Training Bundle features 247 exercises organized into 84 lessons in 23 chapters. That’s over 900 pages of learning! Each lesson includes detailed descriptions of processes and theory with many illustrations and diagrams, to help you understand “why”, not just “how”.
The Practical Guide books have been formatted to maximize learning by starting all lessons with an explanation of the concepts and processes that will be covered; followed by real world examples in step-by-step exercises that you can perform yourself with the included dataset.
Theses large format books are spiral bound to lie perfectly flat on your desk.
These new Autodesk Civil 3D 2022 books focus on effectively using this powerful software, providing you with skills that other professionals are using in the workplace every day.
Instructors: these books are used in classrooms worldwide. Find out more about using them in your next class.
After completing these books, you will be able to:
- Navigate the latest workspace ribbons
- Understand and work with Object Styles.
- Create, manage and apply Label Styles.
- Manage Drawing Settings.
- Import and manage Points, and work with Point Groups.
- Create and edit Alignments.
- Define and edit Parcels.
- Create and edit Profiles and Profile Views.
- Create Corridors and extract information from them.
- Sample Sections and plot Section Views.
- Layout Pipe Networks and edit them in plan and profile.
- Create Pressure Pipe Networks and edit them in plan and profile.
- Create Sheets with the Plan Production tools.
- Work with the Grading tools.
- Create reports for Civil 3D objects.
- Calculate Volumes.
- Share project data with Data Shortcuts.
- Work with coordinate systems
- Clean drawings with common geometry errors
- Insert rectified raster images
- Work with a variety of attribute data
- Apply object classification to your mapping system
- Import GIS data from a variety of sources
- Create surfaces and pipe networks directly from GIS data
- Export geometry and attribute data to other GIS formats
- Export Civil 3D objects to other GIS formats
- Connect directly to GIS data
- Access Data using the Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS
- Connect to raster surface data
- Attach and query source drawings
- Save changes to attached source drawings
- Extract data for reports and quantity takeoffs
- Create, manage and analyze topologies
- Produce sophisticated map books
Features and Benefits of all Cadapult books:
- Lessons build upon one another using a contiguous dataset, providing consistency through the entire book
- Skills learned through easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures
- Sequential exercises that follow one logical, real-world example project
- Flexible datasets allow you to “skip ahead” to a relevant lesson, or use as an on-demand reference guide
- Detailed explanations and chapter summaries facilitate learning and retention
- Written by instructors with decades of industry and teaching experience
- Tested and refined in classrooms with a broad cross-section of students
Authors: Rick Ellis and Russell Martin
ISBN – A Practical Guide to Autodesk Civil 3D 2021 – 978-1-934865-55-2
ISBN – A Practical Guide to GIS in Autodesk Civil 3D 2021 – 978-1-934865-56-9
Written, printed and published in the United States of America.
Meet the Authors
Rick Ellis, president of Cadapult Software Solutions, Inc, has worked with and taught Autodesk Civil 3D, along with Map 3D and other Autodesk products since the mid-90s. He is the Author of several critically acclaimed books on Autodesk Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D, Land Desktop and Carlson Software; including the Practical Guide series.
Rick continues to use Autodesk Civil 3D on projects in a production environment, in addition to teaching classes to organizations both large and small around the country, helping them get the most out of their design software investment.
This practical background and approach has made him an award winning speaker at Autodesk University, a member of the national speaker team for the AUGI CAD Camps and a sought after instructor by organizations around the world.
Russell Martin is the technical editor of many of Cadapult Software Solutions’ training books, and is the co-author of “A Practical Guide to AutoCAD Map 3D”, “A Practical Guide to GIS in Autodesk Civil 3D” and “Digging into AutoCAD Map 3D ” (plus many earlier editions, suitable for learning Map 3D back to the 2004 release). He has also written many articles and white papers on CAD and GIS software.
Russell has nearly three decades of experience using AutoCAD, and has been a power user since release 11, pushing the envelope in the mid-1990s for mapping and analysis using Autodesk Data Extension (ADE) tools, the precursors to AutoCAD Map.
He has taught AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map 3D to hundreds of users; one-on-one, in small classrooms, as well as at large venues including Autodesk University. He welcomes your connection through LinkedIn.